If you own or manage a practice then I’m sure at some point in time you have been approached about a website. A website should be one of the first things you consider as you create a marketing plan for your practice. Here are several reasons why:
- The Internet Never Closes: Many people search the Internet in the evening when most businesses are closed, which is perfectly fine because websites never take a break. A website will essentially allow your practice to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Your Competitor Has A Website: If you are in competition with another practice that has a website and you don’t, then they have a clear advantage.
- Google, Bing, Yahoo: More than ever before, people are turning away from traditional means of finding information and looking online.
- Help New Patients Find You: According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of Internet sales are from new customers. Having a website significantly improves your customer reach no matter what services or products you offer.
- Websites Save Time: Post forms on your website for new patients, allowing them to have all their information ready before that first appointment. Also have your website connect to your patient portal!
A website can be a big financial decision, so make sure you shop around and research. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!