EHR System Requirements
Sevocity is a DELL Premier Partner – this allows you to receive special pricing and support from Dell. Please click on the link below to visit the Sevocity DELL Premier site. Note that Sevocity is not party to any transactions with Dell.
Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet PC Minimum Requirements:
- Intel Pentium 4 processor or equivalent, 1GHz or faster
- 1 GB RAM (3 GB Recommended)
- 150 MB available disk space
- 1024 X 768 SVGA monitor
- Wireless network recommended if Laptop or Tablet PC is utilized.
Desktop/Laptop/Tablet Operating System
Sevocity currently supports the following:
- Windows: 7, 8.1 and 10
- Mac OS: Sierra & High Sierra
Scanned documents stored on a patient’s computer or network can be imported into Sevocity regardless of the scanner used to scan the document. The following scanners are supported by Sevocity for direct scanning from within the Sevocity application while using a supported Windows operating system. Other twain compliant scanners may also work within the Sevocity application, however only the following scanners are officially supported:
Fujitsu FI – 7160
- High priced scanner. Not compatible with Mac OS.
Brother Image Center ADS-2000e
- Low priced scanner. Not compatible with Sevocity for Mac OS but Brother scanner software will work on Mac.
- Note: Brother ADS-2000 is also certified for compliance with Sevocity. However the model has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available. If a customer is upgrading from the ADS-2000 to the ADS-2000e, all previously installed software of the ADS-2000, including drivers, must be un-installed prior to installing the ADS-2000e.
Tablet PC Recommendations:
We recommend the Microsoft Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface 3. Other tables are available for use with Sevocity but the tablet must have the full install of Microsoft Windows. Please contact support if you have any questions regarding tablet compatibility.
Sevocity is not currently supported on the iPad due to the iPad’s lack of support for Java. However, the iPad may be used as a remote desktop (with Sevocity running on the background on another PC). Several tablet computers such as the Microsoft Surface which are similar in size, weight and functionality to the iPad, are compatible with Sevocity.
Internet Minimum Requirements:
Cable, DSL, T1, or better Internet connection. “Business Class” DSL or cable is normally sufficient for a small to medium sized office. For larger offices Sevocity will make Internet recommendations based upon practice size and other factors.
Practice Management and other systems that do not use Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) will require a small local server which may be configured and supplied by Sevocity.
Uploaded File Limitations:
Sevocity does not limit the total amount of storage, including uploaded files, and there is no extra charge for storage.
Individual files are limited to 2 MB for .PDF files and 500k for all other file types. DICOM links are available to facilitate linking to PACS and other systems more appropriate for storing large images.